While many volunteer activities have been put on hold to observe COVID-19 social distancing measures, many volunteers have come up with innovative and creative ways to serve children, families and seniors.
Because of you, vulnerable children and families have been able to keep hope during uncertain times, navigating new experiences and difficult situations.
Here are some of the ways you have shined hope the last few months:
- Provided food and other supplies to families in five communities through the Adopt-a-Family initiative
- Wrote encouraging letters to Buckner staff, foster families and senior living residents
- Participated in virtual Buckner Shoes for Orphan Souls® shoe drives through online ordering
- Donated and packed backpacks for children returning to school, in person and virtually
- Provided loving homes for foster children
- Contributed financially to building safe homes for families in need in the Rio Grande Valley
Thank you, volunteers, for all you do to help the children and families Buckner serves in Texas and around the globe.