Buckner has served children and families in the Rio Grande Valley community since 1971. We provide innovative programming to support vulnerable children and families living in poverty in the colonias along the Texas/Mexico border. We also help support the community through the Rio Grande Children’s Home and other humanitarian aid projects.
Buckner children are active in the community. They attend public school and participate in many extracurricular activities, including the 4-H program established through the Carruth 4-H Center on campus. An on-campus activities coordinator provides the children with a variety of leisure and recreational activities.
With three family-style cottages, the Rio Grande Children’s Home is available to take care of large sibling groups and small children. Through our home-like atmosphere and Christian commitment, children find the hope and healing they need – and a place to belong.
Latest News from the Rio Grande Valley
April is National Volunteer Month, and what better time to find a place to plug in and use your talents to serve others? Buckner International has…
Stonegate Fellowship Church from Midland, Texas, generously donated several cameras to the Buckner Family Hope Center in Peñitas, Texas. The staff…
Woman's Missionary Union of Texas sent two mission teams over two weeks to build one beautiful, purple house for a family served by the Buckner…
By Lauren Hollon Sturdy Buckner International Leticia Tellez is a single mom, practically speaking. Her husband is in jail for an unpaid speeding…
Get Involved in the Rio Grande Valley
You can join us in improving the lives of hurting children and their families through one of our Rio Grande Valley programs. Your support is critical to their success.
- Pray. Make a commitment to pray for the children and families of the Rio Grande Valley.
- Give. Make a donation online to support Buckner programs or call 214-758-8000 make a donation by phone.
- Volunteer. For opportunities at the Rio Grande Children’s Home, contact Rogelio Salazar at email@example.com. For opportunities at the Family Hope Center, contact Gabriel Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org. For opportunities with STAR, contact Roger Marcelino at email@example.com.
- Collect Shoes. Host a shoe drive or give a pair of shoes to help children around the world.
- Be a foster or adoptive parent. Learn more about becoming a foster parent or adopting through Buckner at beafamily.org.
Rio Grande Children’s Home
3780 N. Bentsen Palm Dr.
Mission, Texas 78574
Buckner Border Ministries
956-584-8626 fax (Colonia program)
Family Hope Center
39614 Mile 7 Road, Ste. 3
Peñitas, Texas 78576
1713 East Tyler, Suite E
Harlingen, Texas 78550
STAR Program (Hidalgo, Camaron and Starr counties)
5425 N. McColl, Suite A
McAllen, Texas 78504