Faith Focus: Four things God wants us to know today
Each day, Buckner Adoptive Parent Ben Shelton tells his 8-year-old son four things to remember:
- You are loved.
- You will be part of this family forever.
- You are being raised to be a "big man," meaning your parents are helping you grow daily.
- I believe in you. I will never give up on you.
The process of adopting their son, Banks, and his 6-year-old sister, Everly, has helped the Sheltons better understand what it means for God to have adopted us as his children.
God deeply loves us like the Sheltons care about Banks and Everly. We will always be part of God's family. God is continually encouraging us to grow. God will never give up on us.
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! -1 John 3:1
- When is the last time you thought about yourself as a chld of God?
- What does it mean to be a child of God?
- Live this week knowing you're a child of God.
Add a Comment