If you want to make a difference in the lives of others this year, we've got you covered. Here are eight ways you can get involved with Buckner and help orphans, vulnerable children and families in 2013.
1. Host a shoe drive. Thanks to those who support Shoes for Orphan Souls® (our largest humanitarian aid project), we were able to distribute 172,287 pairs of new shoes to children in need in 2012! You can be a part of it in 2013 by hosting a shoe drive.
2. Volunteer with us. Help beautify one of our campuses, tutor a child, teach a class, sort donations and much more. Learn more about volunteer opportunities at http://www.buckner.org/volunteer/.
3. Go on a mission trip. We have mission trips going on year-round, all over the world. Visit http://itsyourmission.com/tripcalendar.shtml to see the current calendar of trips.
4. Join the Birthday Club. Instead of gifts this year, ask friends and family to come to your birthday party with a new pair of shoes for an orphan. Learn more about the Birthday Club here.
5. Be a summer volunteer with Project GO! College students and recent grads can spend one to two months with Buckner overseas or in the Rio Grande Valley serving orphans, children and families. Tell a 20-something you know about this life-changing opportunity. Click here for details.
6. Attend or sponsor a special event in Texas. From clay shoots to concerts, golf tournaments to gingerbread house competitions, we’ve got great events going on throughout the Lone Star state. Check out bucknerevents.org to see what’s happening near you.
7. Be a family. Do you sense God’s calling on your family? Adoption and foster care can make an incredible impact on the life of a child and your family. Learn more at beafamily.org.
8. Donate. By giving Where Needed Most, we can apply your gifts to our most urgent needs. Click here to donate now.
Get uplifting stories of how Buckner is shining hope in the U.S. and around the world!