If you've checked out our Facebook Page recently, you know we've been celebrating our volunteers all month. They are part of the Buckner family and work so hard to support our ministries around the state and overseas.
So, in recognition of National Volunteer Month, we'd like to share some of the great things our volunteers are doing and offer a few ideas for how you can serve...
- Meet Kaitlyn. She is 8 years old and she serves regularly as a Buckner volunteer. She often goes to health fairs with a parent to help hand out Buckner information. Many children at the health fairs feel comfortable coming up to the Buckner booth because Kaitlyn waves and makes them feel relaxed. She proves that you are never to young to volunteer and help others.
- Nursing students from Texas Woman's University brought more than 6,000 eggs to our Dallas-area community centers for Easter this year. Hundreds of kids in our programs enjoyed egg hunts this year, thanks to the hard work of volunteers.
- Teams of volunteers and church groups flocked to the Rio Grande Valley over spring break for KidsHeart, a missions partnership with Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Texas that's now in its 10th year! Over the course of a week, they built new homes for families living in poverty in the colonias, put on Vacation Bible Schools, taught classes and more.
We know that you, too, have gifts and talents that you can put to good use helping others in your community and around the world. Come serve alongside us!
- Volunteer locally. You can search our online database for volunteer opportunities near you. You'll find opportunities like being a library volunteer in Beaumont, an after school tutor in Dallas, a mentor to a single parent in Houston, or a reading instructor in Mission.
- Volunteer internationally. Travel with us to serve orphans, vulnerable children and families in eight different countries. Click here to see the list of current mission trips.
- Volunteer across the United States. You can help us serve children from anywhere in the U.S. by hosting a shoe drive to collect new shoes for children in need through Shoes for Orphan Souls®, our largest humanitarian aid project. Click here to learn more.